A Podcast that translates Geek into Regular Speak. Tech experts Aryeh Sternberg and Brett Levy discuss cool tech, Virtual and Augmented Reality and more!
Episode #013 - TechKnowledgy - Get Paid to Play!
March 28, 2018
The boys continue their journey through Screenz and Tech Newz as well as Augmented and Virtual Reality. This week there was no guest so they decided to unpack the whole Facebook Cambridge Analytica debacle.
In this week’s show we will look at the #AppoftheWeek, #Screenz with a “z” Mixed Reality, the #AandBSplitTest and speak about Artificial Intelligence.
- The #AppoftheWeek is Cash Bonus – A trivia game that is played live and if you make it to the rounds where there is cash it is split up and paid to you via Paypal.
- Screenz – wasn’t a screen but rather the dirt sucking Dyson V10 – its still tech and we need to clean while being cool.
- #AandBSplitTest - looking at the new iPad vs Acer’s Chrome OS tab
- Mixed Reality which is now called XR - special mention went to Massless for their VR Stylus and IMG for wheelchair basketball
- Then to wrap it up we unpacked privacy online and made special mention of the Cambridge Analytica!
The take away from this episode is that playing games can actually earn you money. You want a vacuum that sucks. Tablets are very different and the operating system is as important (if not more so) than the hardware itself. XR had the usual cool finds and that you can now actually draw in virtual reality or see what it is like to be in a wheelchair and how the perspective view can change. We are at a stage in our connected lives where we need to stop and ask who has our personal information and what are they really doing with it!
- Its not a waste of time if your getting paid.
- Look at all aspects of the device you are purchasing and what the limitations are before you buy.
- You have a right to take back the data that belongs to you and its time to enforce those rights.
Brett Levy & Aryeh Sternberg
With a passion for all things digital, Brett and Aryeh are at the forefront of new developments in data analytics, brand development and insight.
Sign Up to Eagle Bites!
Get the latest podcasts, giveaways and great offers today